About Rolf Bodywork
Structural Integration is a series of bodywork sessions. The goal of this series is to realign the body’s structure so it has better balance, increased flexibility, and improved physical abilities. This work is focussed on creating long lasting and profound change. The effects are seen in improved posture and felt in overall well being.
Benefits of Structural Integration
- Increased flexibility and co-ordination
- Improved postural alignment
- Relief from chronic pain
- Release of stored emotional and physical trauma
- Increased overall energy and stamina
- Heightened body awareness
- Improved athletic/theatrical performance
I have tried many types of body work (physio, massage, shiatsu, chiropractic), and I have found Structural Integration to be the most effective. After 10 sessions, the effect had such a profound impact that after four years, I continue to come once a month, every month, as part of my commitment to maintaining the health of my spine. I find Jessica to be deeply committed to her work. The way she works reveals an immense care and concern that has made it easy to develop complete trust and to let go of many holding patterns in my body. She is exceptional at what she does, and I highly recommend her.
- 28 Jul 2016BRAIN-MOVE… Mind, Movement and the Body“The mind controls everything”…. said Stephen Braybrook, the creator of BRAIN-MOVE, a biomechanics and movement expert led an informative and interesting presentation entitled, “Buil...
- 14 Oct 2015Structural Integration: the new neuroscience?Lately, my Rolfing colleagues and I have been discussing our work ofÂ Structural Integration, the re-alignment of physical structure through touch and movement, and neuroscience, the study of the nerv...